An online project under the direction of the CAPE ANN MUSEUM
Historical Materials: Vessels (Specific / Named)
"Mary Ann" (Packet Ship)
The packet ship "Mary Ann" was built by Waterman and Ewell at Medford, Massachusetts for Andrews T. Hall and Albert H. Brown of Boston. She was re-registered in 1856, her new owners being William Perkins and Israel Whitney. She was wrecked in 1861 at the mouth of the Bassein River, Burma while bound there from Colombo, Ceylon.
– Erik Ronnberg