An online project under the direction of the CAPE ANN MUSEUM
"Samuel Lawrence" (Packet Ship)
The 1053-ton packet ship "Samuel Lawrence" was built in 1851 by Paul Curtis for Andrew T. Hall of Boston in Medford, Massachusetts. Boston agents were Warren and Thayer, 99 State Street, Boston, and the ship was owned by H.A. Patten, who was her master from 1859. She sailed on the 15th and 20th of each month between Boston and Liverpool. She was previously owned by the White Star Line (Pilkington and Wilson, Liverpool agents) on the New Orleans–Liverpool run in 1852. She was sold to a British company in 1862, and renamed "Vanguard."
– Erik Ronnberg