An online project under the direction of the CAPE ANN MUSEUM
Historical Materials: Prints & Illustrations after Lane
The Massachusetts Horticultural Society was incorporated in 1829 and first housed on Tremont Street. Horticultural Hall was built on School Street in 1844, the first permanent building by any horticultural society; a new building was built after 1860. The building housed annual and weekly exhibitions, a library and meeting space, and a seed store on the street level.
Samuel Walker, School Street.
U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Library