An online project under the direction of the CAPE ANN MUSEUM
Sharp's, J. C., Lith. – Boston
James Clement Sharp (1818–97) was an active Boston lithographer from 1841–45. He began his career in a partnership with distant relative, William Sharp, at W. & J. C. Sharp at 17 Tremont Row in 1842, though, the firm may have been established in 1841 based on early prints bearing the shop's copyright. After 1842, J. C. Sharp worked under his own name at two locations, 16 and 24 Franklin Street, before leaving lithography to become a natural science teacher. J. C. Sharp is known to have printed portraits, sheet music covers, views, and advertisements.
This information has been summarized from Boston Lithography 1825–1880 by Sally Pierce and Catharina Slautterback.